Thursday, May 20, 2010

This Summer's Formula: SPF (Sunscreen Plus Foundation)

We've just returned from a trip to the beach and I am happy to report that my Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup passed the sand and sun test! Even after swimming in the Atlantic (which, by the way, showed mercy and only tossed a few taller-than-me waves in my direction) my makeup was, surprisingly, intact! Not only did my foundation stay where I'd coaxed it this morning, but my shadow, liquid liner and mascara were unwavering as well! I am still unsure how, as I had a couple of close encounters of the wave kind, but I was quite pleased when I evaluated the results.

For those of you who are curious, today I used: Smashbox Photo Finish Light Primer, Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup in Golden Medium, MAC Powder Blush in Well Dressed, Bare Escentuals Illuminating Mineral Veil, Urban Decay Primer Potion & Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows, Maybelline's Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Eyeliner, and Bare Escentuals Flawless Definition Mascara. I may have used additional products but the list was getting embarrassingly long for a relaxing day at the beach...

The Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup's performance was quite impressive, however, there is an option for those who have yet to hop on the mineral makeup bandwagon but want a less heavy look and feel during beachy summer days. Try this simple solution that will help your liquid foundation transition, when being completely made-up is not necessarily the look that you're going for:

Mix a non-greasy formula sunscreen like Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock with your foundation, then apply as you would normally. The product should be about one part sunblock and two to three parts foundation, allowing for coverage while protecting your skin from the sun's harmful rays. Your foundation will instantly be more beach and pool friendly, and with a quick dust of finishing powder or veil, you will be ready for the sun and sand!

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30 $8.66

Buh bye, Beach Bunny!

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment