Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Excuse me! I'd like to MAC an announcement...

Whilst perusing MAC's site I happened upon very pleasant news: Saint Germain is back a-gain! Alright, so I wasn't necessarily perusing...I suppose I was more...stalking.

Dun dun dun...

It all began during a search for the perfect light pink lipstick (you know, pastels are really taking 2010 by storm). My efforts led me several different directions, none of which were quite right. Paula Dorf's Flamingo was a bit too nude; N.Y.C.'s Chiffon was much too frosty; NYX's Harmonica was a moisturized version of Chiffon; Bourgois Paris' Rose retabli had a peach-red undertone; Smashbox's Pout was a glaze-type formula that lost pigment against my lips. Having seen reviews of the seemingly elusive Saint Germain, I knew that since its departure with the Sugar Sweet Collection, it would now only be available through the Euristocrats Collection in the UK; out of my reach.

Luckily, the introduction of Viva Glam Gaga appeased my Barbie-pink hunger and paired with the pastel purple-pink of Snob, I found myself happy as a clam. If I were nine inches tall with plastic features and a dream house, and Barbie saw me wearing the Snob and Viva Glam Gaga combo, I'm sure she would have wanted to be my friend.

Of course, you always remember the lipstick that got away. Thus, upon hearing that Saint Germain might be returning in a MAC collection this year, I began my daily site-searches. And finalmente! The time has come! Saint Germain is back and though I am unsure of the collection or duration of its stay this time, I offer this suggestion: purchase yours online now or [potentially] forever hold your peace. Even better - use code LASH510 at checkout for free shipping and a free mascara sample!

Warning: Saint Germain is not the usual everyday go-to color - it's pale pink. If you like the Barbie-pink lip look, go for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment