Thursday, July 15, 2010

Lacquer Love!

2010 has inspired me to expand my polish partnerships and I find myself playing with contrast. Really though, as style trends fade in and out and borrow from decades past, 2010 has sort of established its own style code - mixing several eras and creating a fashion atmosphere where the only rule is that there aren't any. Denim on denim, florals with leather, sockies with pumps, fluffy hair and top buns, black and blue, "mom jeans" turned chic, rompers aren't just for children, braids here there and everywhere, feathers, animal print... on and on and on andon an don ando n - there is no clear right and wrong with fashion these days - no delineation; it's as though the time machine went batty and left 2010 in a hodge podge of 1980s and 90s, 20s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 1890, 1412, 1763...

But hey, I'll go with it! Who doesn't love a bit of irony and contradiction every now and again!? So, as I was saying, my polish pairings have become beautifully matched in their mismatchedness as well. Take a peek at the options below. All of which work visually because they maintain balance - which is the key to mixing and matching trends.




I'm also loving orange-reds with soft matte grays, mauves with deep purples, and same hued toes and fingers but with a glittery topcoat on toes. What shades have you been loving this summer and how has the whirlwind of trends changed your norm?

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment